Saturday, 15 May 2010

A Beautiful Thing

I love this little card. I've been playing around with my Starter Kit and came up with this.


 Whenever I get a new stamp I always look to see if it will work with any of the punches I have (not as many as I would like to have!). I was thrilled when I realised that this little flower fits perfectly inside the Scalloped Circle punch, and with this simple two-colour technique I think the punch looks like another layer of petals.

I used So Saffron to ink up the background flower, then dabbed Pumpkin Pie around the edges, leaving a circle of the paler colour in the middle, and stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I positioned the central detail, which was also stamped in Pumpkin Pie. I punched out the flower and dabbed Pumpkin Pie around the edges again until I got the effect I was after. The sentiment is more Pumpkin Pie (what a gorgeous colour this is!), and I positioned it with the Stamp-a-ma-jig onto a Very Vanilla Love Note before adding the flower embellishment with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I tied Very Vanilla gros-grain ribbon around the card. I still can't get used to the fact that my bows actually look nice now!

I hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Back soon,

Becki
xx 

3 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Stunning yet simple, the colour is gorgeous!

Alison xx said...

Great colour combo.

Alison xx

Bekka said...

Lovely card Becki!

Bx