Wednesday, 26 May 2010

A Gift Card Holder

Hello! Come October, when the new Stampin' Up! Ideas Book and Catalogue comes out, there will be a total renovation of the current colour families. There will be lots of fantastic new colours that I know you'll love, but many of the colours that we have at the moment will go into splendid retirement.. I'm going to be taking the opportunity, then, to make the most of them while we still have them, so today's little project uses two of the colours that will be going.

This is a really sweet gift card holder. I know that many stores give a little wallet with their gift cards, but they can seem so same-y, and this makes the giving of a card so much more special.

The colours I've used are Brocade Blue and Taken With Teal, and I think the combination works really well. The flap of the card holder is stamped with the It's Beautiful Stampin' Around Wheel, using Brocade Blue ink. The sentiment comes from Oval All and I positioned it with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Just make sure that you mark the position with the flap closed - I so nearly didn't and was about to stamp it too high before I realised what I was doing!

Here is the inside.


I should have photographed it the other way round, 'cause the lines are supposed to run horizontally. They come from the Live Your Dream set, and give a place for you to write your message on the card. The little flower is stamped from the A Beautiful Thing set, using Brocade Blue and Taken With Teal (I don't have this inkpad so used the Stampin' Write marker to ink up the stamp). I love the way this flower works with the Scalloped Circle punch. A punched out half-circle gives a useful finger-hold to remove the gift card - really annoying otherwise!

I hope you like it. Thanks for looking.


Hugs,


Becki
xx

3 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Becki, this is stunning yet simple. Love the colours.

Bekka said...

Love it Becki - what a lovely idea dna what great colours

Bx

Alison xx said...

Great minds think alike....This is what I've been doing in my classes and will be doing on my first workshop next week. Again using colours that will be going.
Love it.