Thursday, 20 May 2010

A Happy "Mistake"!

Have you had a chance to play with this stamp set yet? If not, you really need to get your hands on the fabulous "Trendy Trees" - it's just such great fun to use and perfect for all types of occasion.


For this card, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig (what would I do without it now?) to stamp a row of little trees onto Whisper White cardstock, using Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip inks.I think these colours look gorgeous together, really vibrant. I masked off at the base of the trees with a piece of scrap paper and dabbed a line of Old Olive to give something to "ground" the trees and then matted onto Pumpkin Pie card. I wrapped a piece of Old Olive satin ribbon round the card and added the sentiment, stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White. The card base is Really Rust, and the top layers are matted onto it using Stampin' Dimensionals. Having done this, I thought there was still a little something needed to tie in the ribbon with the rest of the card. My first thought was brads, but I couldn't use these, as I'd already stuck the layer down. It's funny isn't it, how the most interesting discoveries are made through mistakes? I meant to punch out a strip of  - how can I describe this? - linked "o's" by punching the card with the scalloped border punch and then turning it round, matching the scallops up and punching the other side. A bit fiddly, but it is possible, 'cause I've done it before. This time, however, I didn't line the card up correctly for the second "punch" - and the result is the pretty decorative strip you can see next to the sentiment. I was so chuffed when I saw it, and it was just the finishing touch that the card needed. I hope you like it!

Thanks for looking. Back again soon with a simple "Greenhouse Garden" card.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

4 comments:

Alison xx said...

I've just 'borrowed' this kit from a friend, can't wait to try it out. Lovley card and again great colour combo.

Loraine Arderne said...

This is gorgeous!

Bekka said...

Locely card Becki!

Sara said...

I need to have a go at that alternative punching.

Sara xx