Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Live Your Dream!

My legs ache!! Alan and I spent Sunday morning in the garden (first really sunny day for what seems like ages), he was stripping paint from a chair and I finally got chance to plant some potatoes. I've never grown them before and am trying to believe they will actually grow, but at least now they're in the ground and have a chance. And right on cue, in the evening the rain poured down, watering them in nicely.But now my legs ache dreadfully after all that digging...

I hope you like this card I made. It uses one of my new stamps, from the "Live Your Dream" set. I used Stampin' Write markers in Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red and Old Olive to colour the stamp, before stamping it onto Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is stamped again in Pumpkin Pie ink. Using a foam dabber, I dabbed more Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges, then mounted the image onto Mellow Moss card, which I had edged with the Scallop edging punch. I layered the whole lot onto a Certainly Celery A6 card blank, but it looked like it was lacking something. I decided to scallop the leading edge of the card and added a strip of Pumpkin Pie card behind the scallops. This looked too harsh. Gently, I removed the strip of Pumpkin Pie card, and substituted it with a piece of Whisper White, dabbed with Pumpkin Pie ink. This gives a much softer effect, which I thought really suited the image and I love the way it looks now.

Thanks for looking!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

Bekka said...

Love it Becki - I adore this stamp set and love what you have done with it :-)

Loraine Arderne said...

Lovely card Becki..........gorgeous flowers.

Alison xx said...

Great colour combo.