Thursday, 24 June 2010

Bird On A Branch

Hello!

We had such a good time at our Craft Club here last night! One of the lovely things about crafters is how everyone can encourage everyone else and the sense of camaraderie generated by just sitting and creating is incredible. Kathy was doing her counted cross-stitch, Chris her scrapbooking, Alan was putting together some decoupage toppers and I was stamping and generally getting a lot inkier than the others. Rosie put in an appearance half way through and miaowed her way into being the centre of attention, then proceeded to try to climb up the patio doors after some poor hapless fly. I love the way cats look so offended when people laugh at their antics!

I was playing with my new Bird On A Branch stamp set, which arrived last week. Oh my goodness, it's GORGEOUS!!!! I made these two cards during the evening:


The first one uses Old Olive, Real Red and Certainly Celery ink, with the branch stamped in Basic Gray and the birdie in Basic Black, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. The Very Vanilla layer is matted onto Old Olive card, then onto Real Red and finally onto a Certainly Celery base. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations.

The second uses another combination I love, Rose Red and Chocolate Chip. Again, the branch is stamped in Basic Gray. This time I stamped over the base card (Pretty In Pink) with the flowery stamp from the set, in Pretty in Pink ink, to give a really subtle textured look. The sentiment is the one from the Bird On A Branch set, and I just LOVE it - really delicate.

I hope you like them, thanks so much for stopping by. See you next time!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

2 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Such pretty cards Becki.

Bekka said...

Stunning cards Becki!