Thursday, 17 June 2010

Lovely As A Tree Father's Day Card

Oh my goodness, where HAS this week gone to?! I didn't mean to be so long in posting this, but I thought you might like to see the Father's Day card I did for my Dad. It's a shameless "case" of one that I saw here on Joanne's blog, although I did tweak it a bit. I'm so pleased with it!


The base card is Old Olive, with Kraft and Very Vanilla. The tree and oak leaf are from "Lovely As A Tree" (this is such a versatile set, I use it sooo much) and the tree has been stamped in Basic Gray and then watercoloured with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is from "Oval All" and is punched out with the large oval punch, then layered onto a scalloped oval. I only got these punches this week, having been wanting them for ages and I can see them getting constant use.

(On a non-crafting note, I'm feeling really good this week. I've been taking more care to pace myself, setting alarms to make sure I don't do more than half an hour of anything taxing and having proper rests. It's paying dividends - I even did half an hour in the garden this morning, which I haven't had the energy to do for absolutely ages. It's so nice to feel well again!)

This coming Saturday sees the very first of my new programme of classes, and I can't wait. There are still a couple of places left, so if you fancy learning the One Sheet Wonder technique, do get in touch. I'm really excited about meeting you all!

I hope you like the card. Thanks for dropping by, and please do leave a comment so I can pop by and look at your blogs too.

Back soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

2 comments:

Caroline said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your dad will love it. I pleased that you are feeling better too and that PACE does work. Will try and be disciplined too!

Loraine Arderne said...

This is gorgeous Becki. Love the colours