Monday, 21 June 2010

One Sheet Wonder Class

Hello! My goodness, another whirlwind of a weekend. I held my first class here on Saturday and had such a good time! Here are the projects we worked on - eight cards made using the One Sheet Wonder technique, the gorgeous Circle Circus stamp set and four really bright, summery colours (Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie).


I love this technique. You start off with some lovely inkiness, stamping at random over a single sheet of cardstock. I have to really work at random stamping, I tend to end up with a grid pattern if I'm not careful, but the ladies at the class made some really fab papers. It never ceases to amaze me how people will always come up with something different, even using the exact same stamps and colours - and even when you have seen the finished sheet, the final cards always take you by surprise, once the cardstock has been cut up. I wish I'd taken photos of the cards the ladies made - they were absolutely gorgeous and they both seemed thrilled to bits with the results.

At the end of the class I couldn't resist giving them a little extra project, just because I love it so much! This little bookmark is so easy to make using a couple of lollipop sticks and with this particular one I took advantage of the famous Stampin' Up! co-ordination by using one of the stamps from Circle Circus with the scalloped circle punch - it fits perfectly!



My next class will be on the third Saturday in July, and we will be making a beautiful mini-scrapbook using the gorgeous Night and Day papers and the scrummy Sweet Pea Stitched Felt embellishments. I have got the Class Bundle worked out for this class now, and will be publishing details on here tomorrow. If you don't want to miss out on the fun, then drop me an email or give me a call on 07799 011072.

Hope you like these projects, and thanks for popping by.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

Alison xx said...

Fab!!! Such a great stamp set.

Trisha Klowak said...

These are wonderful!!!

Do you still have a patterns for how to cut the stamped paper?? I would love to make these!

Becki Ritson said...

Hi Trisha, and thanks for your lovely comment. I should have the pattern somewhere, if you'd like to send me your email address I'll look it out and forward it to you. You can get me at becki@sunshinestamping.co.uk .

Hugs,

Becki
xx