Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Wow - What a Fantastic Weekend!! Papercrafting Event Prize Draw Winner!!!

Hello everybody!

Sorry to take a couple of days to post this, but yesterday was a tired day so I'm just catching up with myself now.

Wow - I had such a good day on Sunday. The Papercrafting Event I held went off so well and I had so much fun! I knew only one of the ladies who came along, so was able to spend time getting to know some lovely new friends and I loved being able to share stamping with them, and to let them see for themselves just how fantastic Stampin' Up!'s products are. A number of the ladies who came had never stamped before, and they got some amazing results - I love the fact that our stamps are just so easy to use. (Before I tried Stampin' Up!'s stamps I thought that all rubber stamps were more or less the same and that you had to LEARN how to get a good impression. This is SO not the case with ours, and I loved the fact that these ladies got superb impressions the very first time they set stamp to cardstock.) So - thank you ladies, for coming along despite the rain, and for making Sunday such great fun. I only hope you all had as good a time as I did!

There were three sessions throughout the day. The first involved a 3-D make and take, and here is what we made:


I just love this little bag. You can make it in so many different ways, and the lovely thing about making it with patterned cardstock that you stamp yourself is that every single one is different. We had two colour-combinations on the go. As well as the one you see here (Pretty In Pink, Rose Red and Old Olive) we used Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Not Quite Navy. I didn't photograph the second colourway of this bag for some reason, and will try to remedy that before I post again.

Over the next couple of posts, I'll put up photos of the other two make and takes. They all used a central technique, which was using a selection of stamps to make a patterned cardstock. I love doing this! It's so easy to look at a stamp and only see what it was originally designed for - one of the ladies who came on Sunday said, "I thought you could only use stamps to make toppers!". This technique shows just how versatile stamps are. Literally the only limit is your imagination!

My lovely husband, Alan, drew the winner of the Papercrafting Event  prize draw yesterday. Huge congratulations to Christine McKay!!! I've emailed you Christine, and will get your prize to you as soon as possible.

My programme of classes is now up and running, and my new Craft Club starts this wednesday. Click onto the Events and Classes tab at the top of this blog to see more details. The first class is a One Sheet Wonder on 19th June - I can't wait to see you there!

Finally, I can't leave this post without saying a big "THANK YOU" to my lovely friend Clare, who was so brilliant with her help on Sunday. You were fab Clare, thank you so much! And to my SU mummy Bekka, for all her help and support while I was organising the event. I really hope I didn't drive you too mad...

Back soon! Happy crafting till then.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

Bekka said...

WOW Becki - this project looks wonderful - love it :-D

I wish I lived close enough to come to your craft club - it sounds a lot of fun ...

Bx

Loraine Arderne said...

Gorgeous bag Becki

Clare said...

The bag was even more gorgeous in real life. I picked up some good tips my self! Thanks for having me and for lunch. xxx