Tuesday, 6 July 2010

I've Been Dying To Be Able To Do This!!

I don't know about you, but I love having pretty notebooks. I use a notebook all the time because I can't rely on myself to remember everything I need to unless I write it down, but I can't bring myself to pay the prices they charge for them in the shops. I have covered books in the past (apart from school exercise books way back when, I mean!) but they have never looked as professional as I'd have liked them to. Until now, that is - look at this one that I did at the weekend - I love it!

The paper used is from the Old Olive Designer Series Paper pack (this pack comes in various colourways, all of them beautiful). The flowers were made using two sizes of circle layered onto scalloped circles, punched out using SU punches. The stalks are just a strip of Old Olive cardstock, and the leaves were made by punching out a circle, then using the same punch to take a "bite" from the edge to make a leaf shape. The greeting is from Whimsical Words, which was one of the Sale-a-Bration sets this year and is sadly no longer available, because it's gorgeous.

If you click on the photo and have a close look at the place where the cover meets the binding, you'll see that the paper actually goes neatly round the spiral binding. I did this using Stampin' Up's fab Spiral Punch - it's just brilliant and so easy! No more having to undo the binding (tricky and time-consuming to get right) and no more having to put up with a brown or grey strip of chipboard sticking out at the top.

You just have to have one of these punches! Go on - treat yourself - you know you want one! To order, contact me (details in the sidebar).

Have a great day, and thanks for popping by.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

4 comments:

Bekka said...

Looks great Becki. I think I may just have to go and cover my notebook! This rather puts its tatty covers to shame! Like you I would be lost without my notebook.

Bx

Creative Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creative Crafts said...

I so agree!! I would be lost without my note books and this one looks fab Becki!!

I have just got that punch and can't wait to start covering my own!

xx

Sara said...

A super smart notebook and I love the flowers.

Sara xx