Friday, 2 July 2010

Vintage Vogue - So Pretty!

Hello again! Crumbs - hadn't realised it was over a week since my last post. It's been a busy week but I have had time to play with some of my new stamp sets. I've been having a whale of a time, and I've got so much to show you..

First of all, have a look at this little card done with Vintage Vogue.


I love this set - it's just so gorgeous! The flower on this card was with my first ever print using this particular stamp, using the "Rock and Roll" technique. I'm always amazed by the way our stamps print so perfectly even right at the start, no need to "prime" a Stampin' Up! stamp, thank you very much! Oh, and just LOOK at that gorgeous border punch!!!! This is the Eyelet Border Punch and I love, love, love it!!

The "Friends" stamp in the top corner shows just how essential a part of any stamper's equipment is the brilliant Stamp-a-ma-Jig. My first intention was to stamp it once in Pretty in Pink, then to stamp again in Rose Red on a separate piece of Whisper White and decoupage the "F". Well, I did all this, but when I tried the darker "F" on top of the lighter one, the "friends" word that I hadn't cut out really didn't stand out at all. I decided to re-stamp it using Rose Red ink. Now normally this would mean wasting a piece of card and stamping again with a new one. Not with the Stamp-a-ma-Jig! With it, I re-stamped EXACTLY over the first image and you would never know anything had been stamped underneath. If you haven't used one yet, you really NEED one - get in touch with me and we'll arrange workshop so I can come and show you and your friends how it works. The links are on the sidebar.

Back soon with more pretties. Thanks for looking - if you have time, I'd love you to leave a comment to tell me what you think. I love hearing from you!

Hugs,

Becki
xx 


2 comments:

Bekka said...

Love it Becki!

Bx

MONICA GALE said...

This is super sweet Becki I love your colours and layout. xx