Monday, 25 October 2010

October Hostess Thank You Gifts

Hello!

I wanted to show you the little gifts I made for the lovely ladies who hosted Stampin' Up! workshop parties with me this month.


Before each workshop, I made a set of these cards in the two colourways shown, and stamped the envelopes to match. Then, at the workshops, I demonstrated how to make this little gift wallet that will hold them beautifully. I deliberately chose a non-Christmassy greeting for the wallet itself as even I can't get away with giving actual Christmas gifts in October! Here it is:


And finally, here is a picture of the open gift wallet, with the cards peeking out of it:


I enjoyed making these, and really hope my hostesses liked getting them! The cards were adapted from one we made at one of Monica's and Bekka's training days a while back, and use the gorgeous Dasher stamp, along with one of the first SU sets I bought (and I still use it all the time), Lovely As A Tree. The green colourway is Old Olive, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Dasher is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and the trees in Certainly Celery, while the background is brayered with, of all things, Pink Pirouette. The second colourway uses Crumb Cake card and ink (brayering and trees), teamed with Cherry Cobbler card and ink and, of course, the ever-present Whisper White card - so easy to brayer on 'cause it's soooooo smooth.

Hope you like them. Thanks for visiting!

hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: