Monday, 18 October 2010

Ornate Flowers Desk Tidy and Matching Cards

Hello!

Well, what a week! I did two workshops last week, and had a fantastic time at both of them. Mine has to be the best job in the world, I get to spend my time meeting lots of lovely people and crafting with them - could there be anything better?

I'll post photos of my workshop cards soon, but I have another workshop later this week and want them to be a surprise for anyone who reads this and is going to be there. I'm so looking forward to it, I haven't met this hostess before but she sounds lovely. Tina, I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and your guests!

On Saturday I held my usual monthly class, and this month we made a pretty little desk tidy with some matching cards. I love this type of class. It looks a lot more complicated than it is, and I love seeing people's confidence grow when they leave with something that they are so proud of. Here is a picture of the desk tidy:


And from another angle:


The papers are from the gorgeous Greenhouse Gala pack in the new Ideas Book and Catalogue, and they are more beautiful in real life than you can possibly imagine. They are designed to co-ordinate with the Ornate Flowers stamp set, and the pretty Chrysanthemum image that you can see in the photos comes from that set. I used this set throughout the class, and we made four cards to match the desk tidy, using each of the four stamps you get in the set. Here are the cards all together:

And each one separately:








We stamped the focal images using the Stampin' Write markers to ink up the stamps. It gives such a lovely effect and really brings the stamped image to life, as you can see. My ladies were a little unsure to start with, but when they realised how easy it is to do, they loved the technique as much as I do.

As you can see, we stamped the envelopes too. I don't usually include envelopes in my classes, but couldn't resist the change to show my lovely ladies how easy it is to co-ordinate your envelopes with your cards; it takes no time at all and makes all the difference to how the recipient feels about the card - they will love it even before they have opened it. A perfect way to make someone's day, so much nicer to get through the post than the usual bills in brown envelopes!

I've just realised I didn't take a picture of the desk tidy WITH the cards - doh! I'll try to pop one on here tomorrow, but it's dark now, and I've learned from experience that taking pictures of cards by the lights we have here is Not A Good Idea.

I took the project to an SU training day yesterday have been asked to make the instructions for this class available. I'm really touched that my fellow demonstrators like what I've done, as I am so conscious that they are all so very talented, so thank you ladies, I drove home with a big smile on my face. You'll see a Paypal button in the sidebar, and for £4.00 you can get hold of full, step by step and illustrated instructions for both the Desk Tidy and the cards. I'll email them out to you within twenty-four hours of me getting the payment confirmation.

Thank you for visiting, and I hope you like the project. I'll be back soon with pictures of the swaps Alan and I took to our training day yesterday.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

Caroline said...

OMG Becki, I didn't realise this was you yesterday! Now I've seen your gorgeous project on here, after having sat opposite it yesterday, I can put a face to a blog! You're super super talented yourself, and should be proud of it! Big Hugs
Caroline x

Loraine Arderne said...

Becki this is a fantastic project - just love it!

Marisa said...

It was lovely to see you and Alan again Becki.

As I said on Sunday this is stunning!! The pictures don't do it justice.

I can't wait to make it! :)

Thanks for sharing xx