Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Ornate Flowers Swing Card

Hello!

I made this little card for a swap we did at a training day I went to just before the new catalogue launched. It was the first thing I made with any of my new stamps, and I think this set - Ornate Flowers - is just beautiful.


The colours I've used are Baja (pronounced "Ba-ha", I understand) Breeze, Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard, with the image stamped on Very Vanilla card. Baja Breeze and Cherry Cobbler are two of the brand new colours this year and to say they are both delicious would be to underrate them. Unfortunately, the Cherry Cobbler doesn't show up very well in these photos, but it's the most luscious shade of deep, warm red.

This is the other side:


This is the first time I've made a swing card. They look really effective, but are actually easier to make than you might think. The hardest thing was getting the measurements right in the first place, as all the instructions I found were for US cardstock sizes. I love the way you can display it either way round, and it still looks fab - so two cards for one, really!

The background stamping was done using VersaMark, one of my favourite techniques for making co-ordinating patterned card.

Well, many of you have got your new catalogues by now, and I hope you're enjoying them as much as I am. If you haven't got yours yet, get in touch and I'll send you one for just £4.50, including postage.

Back soon. Thanks for looking!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

1 comment:

Emma said...

That set looks lovely Becki!! I didn't really 'like' it, but the more I see it in action.. well, I'll have to put it on my list now!!