Thursday, 7 October 2010

Ornate Flowers Take Two

Hello!

Can you tell I love the Ornate Flowers stamp set? Here is another card I've made with it, a bit more masculine this time (who says you can't use flowers on men's cards?!).


This time I've used Old Olive, More Mustard and one of the new "In-Colours", Concord Crush, teamed with the ever-versatile Chocolate Chip and layered onto a Crumb Cake card base. Out came the linen thread again (love it, love it, love it!) because I felt that it needed a little something to finish it off.

I really like this colour combination. It isn't one I'd have naturally come up with, but I used the new Colour Coach to get my out of my comfort zone a little. It's such a useful tool - I have used it so much since I got it in my pre-order (oh! the privileges of being a demonstrator, hee hee!). The Colour Coach is a collection of colour swatches, with one card for each colour in the current Stampin' Up! colour palette, including "In-Colours". They are pinned together at the corner, so you can swivel out the cards for your chosen colours, to see what they will look like together without having to rifle through your stash to try the actual cardstock. On the back of each card are printed two colour combinations using the colour you have selected. Some of them are not at all obvious combinations - after all, the obvious ones are obvious, right? - but they are all amazing when you try them out.

If you're a bit nervous of colour, or aren't sure where to start - or if you just want to have an easily carryable reference of all the SU colours, then the Colour Coach is a fantastic helping hand. There is more colour theory, if you want to know the whys and wherefores of colour matching, on the Stampin' Up! website, here.Have a look, then give me a call or drop me a line if you want to know more. My contact details are in the sidebar.

Back soon! Thanks for visiting, and have a lovely day.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: