Friday, 12 November 2010

Back from Convention - Roommate Gift

Oh wow! The Stampin' Up! Convention is something you really should go to - it was just a fantastic weekend!!! I'm still sorting through all the photos I took, and I'll show you some as soon as I've ploughed through them, but in the meantime I thought you might like to see the gift I made for my lovely roommate, Tara.


I love how this turned out. The frame was from Ikea, and I sealed it with white acrylic paint before wiping my Baja Breeze inkpad across it and then buffing with a baby wipe, which gave a lovely distressed effect. I was worried about the ink running if it got wet, so I varnished it using Crystal Effects. I added a variety of punched-out flowers made using the Boho Blossoms punch (I've only just got this one and it's going to be a firm favourite!) along with the Scalloped Circle punch, over-stamping some of them with the "En Francais" background stamp, to add a bit of visual texture. They were layered together and finished off with some of our gorgeous new rhinestones, then glued on with more Crystal Effects. The colours used are Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and more Baja Breeze. Gorgeous combination!

The wording in the centre was stamped using my "Jumble Alphabet" set, which I got free as part of my reward for hitting part one of my Stampin' Start, which is a sales reward programme Stampin' Up! has set up for its new demonstrators. Now I love my stamps, but there is nothing better than FREE stamps - hee hee, I LOVE my job!!

Tara was a brilliant roommate to share Convention with, she's great fun and we had a ball. I really hope she liked her pressie. I was really touched by the gift she gave me - she made me a gorgeous bag-charm, which now lives suspended from the zip on my "go-everywhere" black backpack. I'll take a photo to show you, 'cause you'll love it. Do pop over to her blog to say hello.

Back soon, with more photos to share. Thanks for visiting.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

1 comment:

Tara said...

It was a pleasure sharing a room with you Becki and I love my photo frame (and that alphabet you used!) I must sort out my photos and update my blog too.
See you soon x