Monday, 6 December 2010

Christmas Decorations Galore

Hello!

I thought you might like to see the decorations we made at my classes in November. I loved doing these! We used the Jolly Holiday DSP (gorgeous!!) along with stamps from "Season Of Joy" and "Contempo Christmas", and I collected together a bunch of my favourites from the ideas I've seen online and in swaps, so I owe a huge thank you to the many extremely talented ladies who inspired this class.



Decorations nowadays can be so expensive, but I wanted to show people that they really needn't spend a fortune on sparklies from the high street, when it's so much more fun to make your own. These decorations are meant as a starting point - there are so many ways in which you can adapt these.


I first made the Christmas Star a couple of Christmases ago, having found a brief tutorial online, but I can't remember for the life of me who posted it. Monica does, though, have an excellent video tutorial on her blog.
Imagine making a garland from the individual sections of the Christmas Star, or even stringing several of the stars together to make a feature above your fireplace! And if you visit Bekka's blog, you will see that you can make the loveliest Advent Calendar if you make twenty-five of the Christmas Cones. Fill them with chocolate or other goodies, or even just with tinsel and hang them where they will sparkle in the lights.


These gorgeous little boxes can be filled with whatever you want, and make an ideal way to give small gifts - jewellery would look lovely presented in one of these, for example. They can either hang on the Christmas tree, or simply nestle in a basket on your coffee table. I adapted this box from one that Monica gave to her team members at Convention, and she put a lovely little watch in for each of us - it was such a lovely surprise!


I love these little treat bags! I learned how to make these at a training day organised by Bekka and Monica a few months back, and I think they look fantastic made up in this Christmassy paper. These are really small, but you can make bigger ones just by increasing the size of the paper that you use. I used six inch squares to get this size (they're about two-and-a-half inches tall). Bekka has instructions for these pouches, so if you want to know how to make them, pop by her blog and drop her a line. (Please note: the instructions for this project are NOT included in my Class Instructions.)


This gorgeous box is adapted from one made by Stevie (SasB on the In Love With Stamping Forum) as a recent training-day swap. Hers was a lot smaller than mine, as I wanted the punched-out ornaments to fit onto it, and it makes such a pretty tree decoration. The box opens at the top, so you can put whatever you want inside, or if you wanted to, you could glue it shut so it is just a pretty ornament.

Two really simple projects to finish with. The first is this pretty little bauble, made from several punched-out ornament images. So quick and easy, yet so effective!



Finally, I dressed up a circular mint chocolate to make a sweet (in both senses of the word) Christmas tree decoration. This is a shameless CASE of one of the swaps I received at a recent training day, and I love it - but  I can't remember who made it, so I can't give them credit! If it was you, please email me and I'll pop your name and a link to your blog on here.


I have written instructions for all these projects (save the treat pouch), if you fancy having a go at them yourself. All my instructions take you through the projects step-by-step, illustrated with detailed colour photographs at every stage, and I'll email them to you within twenty-four hours of receiving payment (or as soon as I get back, if I'm away when your request comes through). just click on the link in the sidebar.

I hope you like these projects, and thanks for looking. Hugs,

Becki
xx

2 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Gorgeous decorations Becki. Love that snowflake (star) one!

Becki Ritson said...

Thanks Loraine! I'm glad you like them.
xx