Friday, 10 December 2010

A Variation On A Theme - Wedding Invitation and Favours

Hello!

One of the things I love about stamping is how you can make what is essentially the same project look totally different, just by swapping the stamp set and colours that you use. I'll show you what I mean. A couple of weeks ago I did a workshop party for a lovely lady who is getting married next year, and who wanted to see some ideas that she could use for her big day. She loved the All In The Family stamp set and wanted to use this if possible. I love this set too, but it isn't one I would naturally have reached for to do wedding stationary, but I love a challenge and it was a fabulous opportunity to have a play and come up with something a little different. It sruck me that I could adapt the card shown above, along with the projects we made in my November Christmas Decorations class, to make something that would be perfect for my hostess' wedding. This is what I did:



The cone and pouch are made in the same way as the Christmas versions I made in my November class, but using our beautiful Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, teamed with Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon in two widths. The colour scheme of Baja Breeze and Soft Suede was a direct lift from the DSP, and these are the colours I used for the little couple's clothing. I LOVE the way that everything Stampin' Up! does co-ordinates so well!! The cute little people were coloured in using our inkpads and blender pens (if you use a light touch you get a really soft colour - ideal for the Pink Pirouette I used for their faces and the lady's little feet) and of course you really couldn't get the positioning as accurate without the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig - one of my favourite tools ever. On the card, you see the little people in all their glory, and I've used the versatile So Swirly wheel to pattern the bottom of the card base.

The card was based on this one, which we made at our November training. A beautiful card, and a really fresh look for Christmas. But isn't it amazing how different it looked when I used a different stamp set and changed the colours?!





Here are some close-ups of the wedding set:






I was thrilled that my lovely hostess really loved the samples I'd made for her, and she bought the All In The Family stamp set immediately. I was so pleased to have been able to show her this stamp set in action, so she could see how to use it before she spent her money. I always tell my hostesses and customers that when they buy from Stampin' Up!, they get me thrown in with the price, so they need never be stuck with products they don't know how to use, or can't think of any ideas for. It is one of the real privileges of my job, to be able to offer this personal service.

If there are any Stampin' Up! products you'd like to see in use, then give me a call or drop me an email and we'll schedule a workshop party for you. I'd love to join you on your creative journey!

Thanks for looking.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: