Sunday, 23 January 2011

Welcome to the Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop!

Hello!


I'm so excited to be taking part in today's Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop! A huge welcome to all of you, and if you've just joined me from Caroline's blog - wasn't her project great?! Do carry on round the rest of the blog hop; there are lots more gorgeous things to see out there..

Here is my project for today. I hope you like it!


This little card uses the lovely Sale-A-Bration stamp set, "Punch Bunch", which has five stamps in it, each of them co-ordinating perfectly with one of the range of Stampin' Up! punches.

I love this stamp with the poppies, they're my favourite flower and lend themselves so well to this technique. I used the Stampin' Up! Watercolour Wonder Crayons (this card uses the "Brights" selection") to colour directly onto the rubber stamp itself, then using a little spray bottle I spritzed water gently over the stamp and waited for a second or two, before stamping down onto our new watercolour paper. This gives you a wonderful watercolour-painted effect, with no painterly skill needed. Because you colour directly onto the stamp, you can have several colours in the one image, without the need to mask parts off and stamp several times. I used Real Red for the poppies, with a little bit of Rich Razzleberry in the centre of the flowers, to hint at the darker section you get with real poppies, then Old Olive for the stems and finally Tempting Turquoise for the wording and the scalloped edging. The picture was punched out using the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch which, as you will see, matches perfectly.

Because the stamp is so beautiful, I wanted to keep the rest of the card very simple. The card base is Crumb Cake, with layers of Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla cardstock, then a piece of Real Red patterned paper from the gorgeous Stampin' Up! Designer Patterned Paper Stack (Brights again).

This is the inside.



The sentiment is from the "So Happy For You" set of stamps, which is another of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration sets - ten stamps in this one. I love the font used here!

I'm sure you know by now, but just a quick reminder that you can only get hold of these stamp sets before the end of February. Place an order for Stampin' Up! products and for every £45 you spend (excluding shipping) you will get to choose one of these exclusive sets. Or, contact me to host a Stampin' Up! workshop party and, as well as earning stamps for every £45 you spend, if the total orders at your party are £300 or more, you get to choose another Sale-A-Bration stamp set too! The links are in the sidebar - don't leave it too late to get in touch.

Now you'll want to hop over to Jayne's blog, to carry on with the Blog Hop. I know you'll love what she has waiting for you there - enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon..

Hugs,

Becki
xx


10 comments:

Airing cupboard stamping said...

Your card is great x x

Caroline said...

I love the colours of your card, it's gorgeous! x

Sara said...

Love the watercolouring technique.

Sara xx

Evelyn C said...

lovely card x

kerenbaker said...

What a great card and I've not tried that technique with the watercolour crayons- thanks! x

Brenda Hugar said...

Nice card!

simplyfairies said...

fab card Becki, I love that technique...

Vicky said...

Hi Becki,

gorgeous card - I must try that technique!

Thanks

Vicky x

kirsteen said...

Really cute card!
K

TwinTrouble said...

A lovely sweet little card :)