Monday, 7 February 2011

Anything That Moves!

Hello!

Finally I can show you all what I was working on last week. It's been so hard keeping it to myself!

Every three months, Bekka and Monica (my Stampin' Up! mummy and gran) hold a training day in Peterborough, my old stamping ground (hee hee, just realised how that looks - no pun intended). At the beginning of every event, there are always a couple of demonstration booths, where someone displays samples and demonstrates something, be it a technique, a stamp set or other product, and I've always learned so much from these. Well, about a week ago, Monica called me and asked if I would do one of these booths this time; there were so many people coming to the event that she needed a third demonstrator, so would I demo this time rather than at the next one. I was so honoured to be asked and immediately said I would, then wondered what on earth I could show that would live up to the booths I'd seen at previous events. For a couple of days I wondered what on earth I'd let myself in for, if I'm honest.

In the end, I decided to focus on cards with a moving element, and I thoroughly enjoyed preparing my samples. These are the cards I made:

A Double-Slider card - the outside...

And when it's opened


A Penny-Slider Card

The photo doesn't capture the pattern it makes when it moves

A Swing Card - one side

And the other

A Tent Card - from the front

And from the side

A Waterfall Card

I still find these magical!

The inside of the Waterfall Card

I loved making these! All of them use the Brights colour collection - the cardstock. and Designer Paper stack, as well as the Brads, Flower Brads, Designer Buttons, and the Stampin' Write markers. It's still a bit dark outside and I love how these colours cheer the day up. You can't help but smile when you see them.

The stamps are mainly from "For Everything", which is one of the sets I got as part of my Stampin' Start freebies (don't you love free stamps!) and its little elements lend themselves really well to these cards. The sentiments are mostly from the Sale-A-Bration set "So Happy For You", apart from the one on the front of the waterfall card, which is from "Just Believe".

The eagle-eyed among you will have noticed that one of the cards shown in the combined photo at the top of this post is missing from the photos below it. I took loads of pictures of this one, and I'll be back tomorrow to post them, but I'm conscious that this post is quite long already.

I can't finish this without saying a huge thank you to Monica for asking me to do the demo booth, and to all the lovely ladies at the training day whose response to my cards really overwhelmed me. I'm so pleased they were well received, and I hope those of you who weren't at the training day yesterday like them too. Thanks for looking!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Becki your card projects were absolutley fab, it was great to see you again, and can't wait til the next one in April! You have me looking up slider cards now, I will have a go!Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Caroline

Ann Wills said...

Becki

Your cards were fab, absolutely loved them, they looked so professional. Great to see you again.

Donna Keene said...

Hi Becki,
Your cards were amazing, thank you for taking the time to show my the slide one. It's on my list to do. :D