Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Just Believe Birthday Card and Notebook

Hello!

Well, Stampfest was brilliant! I'm still shattered (spent most of yesterday in bed!), but Bekka and I really enjoyed ourselves, and from the feedback we've had, so did everyone who joined us for the day. I certainly enjoyed spending time crafting with such lovely ladies and, as always, I get such a buzz from seeing everyone's projects turn out so beautifully. Keep your eyes peeled for details of the next one...

Because the Dunstable Stampfest is happening next weekend, I can't share photos of the projects we made just yet, but what I can show you are the card and present I made for a lovely friend of mine, whose birthday was yesterday. Laura, I hope you had a fantastic day!

This is what I made, using the "Just Believe" stamp set along with the lush Sweet and Sour Designer papers:


I love, love, love this stamp set, which was one of the ones I got free at last October's Stampin' Up! Convention. It really lends itself to this technique, where I coloured the stamp itself with Stampin' Write markers, then spritzed with water before stamping onto our watercolour paper. Beautiful!

Here is a closer look at the card:


And here you can seen the envelope that I stamped as well. I didn't spritz this before I stamped though!


And finally, a closer look at the notebook. I always love the way these turn out, so much easier and more professional-looking with our fabby Spiral Punch. No more having to dismantle the notebook first and hoping the binding goes back straight. Before my SU days, I still loved covered notebooks, but making them was a bit of a nightmare.Now it's a real pleasure, rather than a chore.


Thanks for looking. Back again with more soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

1 comment:

Caroline said...

These are absolutely stunning Bekki,and I agree notebooks are so easy to cover using the fabulous SU papers and punch. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous ideas.