Thursday, 10 February 2011

Last Call For Stampfest (and some Button Jewellery)

Hello!

It's less than two weeks before Ipswich Spring Stampfest on 20th February, so you haven't got long left to book your place. Click on the Stampfest tab at the top of the page, and you can book using the PayPal link in the sidebar. Crafting, prize draws, stash.... oh, and lots, lots, lots of fun and laughter - can't wait to see you there!

Now, another project from our training day at the weekend. A few years ago, before I got so keen on papercrafting, I used to make a lot of jewellery. It was lovely, then, to find out that one of the projects planned was this super-cute necklace!


We used the Designer Subtles button selection, along with our Silver Elastic Cord and the Basic Pearls. There are a whole range of colours in the box, so the array of different combinations that everyone came up with was amazing to see - wonderful how different the same thing can look in different colourways. You can't see it from the photo, but there is a little pearl on the other face of the button that covers the knot in the cord. I think it looks so pretty, and when we got home I made myself a ring to go with it. The project was designed by Bekka and you can see the one she made on her blog. I love the fact that it's a really cost-effective way of making something fun to wear and then, when I'm fed up with it, I can simply unstring the buttons and use them again. Re-usable stash  - what a fab idea!

I can't finish this without saying a big thank you for the lovely comments on the kinetic cards I posted a few days ago. It makes my day to read them (and makes Alan wonder what the big grin on my face is all about!) so I really love to hear from you. Thank you .

Back soon,

Becki
xx

1 comment:

Helen said...

Ooh, I want one of these! Might have to splash out on some buttons and beg someone to help me make one, as I'm seriously challenged in the whole threading/jewellery/sewing department