Wednesday, 9 February 2011

A Never-Ending Story

Hello!

Well, a never-ending card, at least. This is the final card I made for the demo booth at the Passionettes' training day on Sunday. It's my version of a card that was in this month's Stampin' Up! magazine and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I hope you like it!





The card was a bit fiddly to make, it's essential to be really precise with the measurements and cutting, but patience and perseverance paid off in the end. In case there are any of you out there who don't know what a never-ending card is, basically it's a card that folds over and over and over again, displaying different images each time, until you return to where you started. Great fun, and more than a little hypnotic - if a little freaky when you first start to play with it! It wasn't the easiest to photograph, but hopefully you can see enough to visualise what it's like.

Just for the record, this one uses the Brights collection again. Regal Rose and Rich Razzleberry this time, with Designer Paper from the Brights stack. Because of the nature of the card, you can't use bulky embellishments with these, but a few of the Basic Pearls came in very handy and added just the right amount of shimmer. The stamp set is "For Everything".

Thanks for looking - back soon!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

2 comments:

mrsC.x said...

this card is gorgeous all your cards are gorgeous but...OMG! how on earth do you make this? very clever lady.x

Becki Ritson said...

Hi Mrs C - thanks for the compliment! I'm hoping you'll see this, as I can't see a link to email you via your profile or blog. This card was made using a template that was published on a Stampin' Up! Demonstrators only website, but if you Google "Never-ending card" you'll find lots of links showing you how to make this. If you want me to run through it with me, drop me an email and I'll gladly do so. Hugs, Becki. xx