Thursday, 17 February 2011

Simply Said - I Love You

Hello!

Well, what a lovely relaxing few days I've had! It was my birthday on Saturday, and I was spoiled rotten. Alan always takes time off work for my birthday and because it was at the weekend this year, he took Friday and Monday off. On Friday, he took me for an afternoon at a spa (lovely!) and then we just spent the weekend doing exactly what we felt like, when we felt like. It's pretty rare to get so much time with just the two of us, and those few days were so special.

I wanted to show you the Valentine's card I made for my wonderful husband this year.


The images are from my new "Simply Said" set - a lovely set this, really versatile. I said "images", even though the picture looks as if the heart image is just made with one stamp. In fact, the flowery heart and the words surrounding it are a great example of two-step stamping, which is something I discovered when I found Stampin' Up! and I love it - it's so easy to do yet so effective every time. After stamping and colouring with Stampin' Write markers, the image was punched out using the Full Heart punch and it's popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment is from "Basic Phrases" (I use this set sooooo much!).

Do you like the way the hearts meander across the card? I cut the bottom away from an Elegant Eggplant card blank (I can't cut elegant curves to save my life, so I drew it first before cutting, and the hearts mask the line I drew). Then I edge-punched a piece of Very Vanilla card and stuck it in place behind the Elegant Eggplant card-front. The little coloured hearts are all punched out using the Heart To Heart punch, and although it looks as if two different papers are used, I punched them all from the edge of the same sheet. The paper is from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack and, because it's double-sided, you get two patterns on each sheet, and as always with Stampin' Up!, everything co-ordinates beautifully. A little pearl from the Basic Pearls sheet finishes the card off.

I love how this turned out. I saw a similar card on the Splitcoast Stampers site a while back and it's been in my mind to make one ever since. Valentine's Day provided the perfect opportunity, although it's always hard to make cards for Alan; he loves to craft himself, so he's always popping his head round the craftroom door if I'm in there without him. I really must make myself a "Keep Out - I'm Making Something For You!" sign for the door!!

Thanks for dropping by! See you soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx


1 comment:

Loraine Arderne said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous valentines card. Love the colours you've used.