Saturday, 19 February 2011

So Excited!!!!

Hello!!

Just a really quick post, this one, because I'm in the middle of packing for tomorrow's Stampfest. I'm really looking forward to it - can't wait to see all those lovely ladies who are coming along, we've got such a great day planned for you!

I've told you a little about the training day I went to a couple of weeks ago. One of the things I love about Stampin' Up! training days is that all the delegates (sounds far posher than it is!) always take card samples to swap with each other. This way, we get samples to show to our customers that reflect other styles than our own, and using materials and stamp sets that we may not have ourselves. And it's always so inspiring seeing what other people come up with using stamp sets and products that are familiar - everyone always has such different ideas. The theme for this last one was "New Beginnings", which made me think of Spring and this is what I took along with me:



The picture is from "A Flower From All Seasons" and the sentiment is from "Simply Said", used with patterned paper from the Subtles DSP stack (So Saffron) and the In Colour DSP Stack. You can only get the latter if you host a Stampin' Up! party, and it's well worth getting - the patterns are different from the standard DSP packs and so pretty! I was only going to do one colourway, the top one of So Saffron and Certainly Celery, but ran out of Designer Paper, so I hurriedly did a pile in the Poppy Parade / Pear Pizzazz colourway too. Good job I did - this second one was by far the more popular of the two and disappeared much more quickly when we were swapping. Just goes to show, you never know how other people are going to view things!

Right - back to packing for tomorrow. If you're going, see you there. Can't wait!!

Thanks for dropping in, and see you soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: