Monday, 14 March 2011

Baroque Motifs Bookmark

Hello!

What a gorgeous day - I'm sitting here looking out at the most beautiful, sunny morning. It really feels as if Spring might be on its way at last. The daffs are out in the back garden, and Rosie is asleep in her own little patch of sunshine just inside the kitchen door. Idyllic!

I've had a brilliant few days. One of the many fabby things about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is that we get to hear about new product lines before anyone else - and we also get to play with these before anyone else at high-octane training days organised by SU. On Friday, I went down to Hounslow to one of the training days organised in anticipation of the forthcoming launch of the new Mini-Catalogue on 1st April. Wow - what a fantastic day! There are so many exciting things happening, so many gorgeous new products heading our way and I just can't wait until I can tell you about them! If you're in my team of Sunshine Stampers then you'll hear from me in the next day or so with full details, but for the rest of you - I'm sorry! - you'll have to wait until April! See, you SO need to sign up as a demo!!

One thing I can show you, though, is the swap I made for the lovely ladies who joined me at the training day. I decided to make a little bookmark, 'cause I always need loads of these and it is so nice to have a pretty bookmark rather than marking your place with an old receipt or (horrible, horrible!!) just folding over the corner of the page. This is what I came up with:


 I used yet another of the free stamp sets that I have earned since becoming an SU demonstrator, "Baroque Motifs". I love this set, it can be really flouncy and girly if you want it to be, or it can be grungy and vintage, and the swirls are just SO useful for all sorts of backgrounds and events. Here, I decided to go for a bit of a distressed look, and sponged the edges of the central Very Vanilla paned using a sponge dauber. I made two colour-ways, one used Baha Breeze, the other River Rock - both teamed with Very Vanilla and Early Espresso. The ribbon is the luscious Early Espresso satin. The sentiment is from "Just Believe".

If you love stamp sets but would rather earn them for free than pay for them - contact me to talk about becoming a member of my team. It could be the best thing you ever do!

Have a lovely day. Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

2 comments:

Hels said...

these look even better in the flesh!!! Lucky me I've got one

Hels xxx

Becki Ritson said...

Aw, thanks Helen! x