Thursday, 24 March 2011

Hello!

I just found a photo that I thought I'd posted ages ago. I probably oughtn't to show this now, really, 'cause the stamp sets I used were Sale-A-Bration ones and you can't get hold of them any more, but I love this card so I'm going to break my usual rule of "current stuff only" and show it to you anyway.


Isn't it pretty? I made one version of this with added Basic Pearls, but unfortunately I can't find a photograph of the "blinged-up" version. This simple card is the one that I made with all the lovely ladies who attended Stampin' Up! parties that I did in February, and is a great example of how you don't need lots of jazzy products to make a really effective card. Card, stamps, ink and a couple of punches is all that was used on this one.

The colouring is done using the fantastically useful Blender Pens, taking ink direct from our Classic Stampin' Pads (inkpads, in non-Stampin' Up! language). It's a brilliant technique and gives you a much more subtle result than either a waterbrush or our Stampin' Write markers. You can get hold of the Blender Pens at twenty percent off the usual price this month (£6.36, rather than the usual £7.95 for three pens) as part of the March Frenzy promotion, so give me a call or drop me a line if you'd like to get your hands on some.

Don't forget - if you'd like to spend a fun evening crafting with friends and to have a chance to play with and order some of the fab products that Stampin' Up! has to offer, I'd love to come and do a party for you. Just click on the link in the sidebar and email me to arrange a date.

Thanks for dropping by, and I'll be back with more soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: