Monday, 4 April 2011

A Pillow Box, A Pillow Box!

Hello!

Wow - what a gorgeous weekend! I hope you had as much sun as we did, it is SO nice to have some warm, cheerful weather after such a looooong cold winter.

Here is the little make and take my lovely guests made at my Launch Party on Saturday:


It's a sweet little pillow box made using the Big Shot (so easy, I just can't tell you!). We stamped all over the box after it was cut out, but before taping it together, to add a little bit of decoration to the plain cardstock. The stamp used here is the swirl from "Season Of Joy", although my ladies also had the option to use the big flourish stamp from Baroque Motifs if they wanted to. In my sample shown here, both the cardstock and the ink used are Perfect Plum. I love the effect you get when you stamp on cardstock with the same colour of ink - it's still subtle, but a sharper, more "definite" impression than using VersaMark. The label is one of the Four Labels set in the new Mini, with a sentiment from "Basic Phrases" stamped in the middle, then punched out using the brand new Decorative Label punch. Gorgeous!!

This pillow box die is so handy. I can see it being used to super-cute wedding favours, or to pop a beautiful piece of jewellery in as a gift. You could even fill it with pot pourri and pop it on a shelf in your wardrobe to add some fragrance to your clothes.

To give you an idea of how different the same box can look when it's decorated differently, here is another one I made.


This one is my take on one of the samples in the new Mini. After I cut the box out, I ran the shape through the Big Shot again, in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (exclusive to Stampin' Up!). A couple of strips of ribbon secured with glue dots and finally three die-cut daisies and a button to add the finishing touch. I love it! Hope you do too...

Ooh - before I forget.. On Saturday I held a raffle for the ladies who came to my Launch Party. The winning ticket was number 2 - congratulations Tracy! I'll get your prize to you when your order is delivered, so you should have it by the end of the week.

A big thank you to all of you who came to my Launch Party - I had a great time and I hope you did too! I'm going to be holding another Open House at the beginning of May, after we've moved house, so watch out for more details of that coming soon.

Thanks for visiting - see you soon!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: