Thursday, 14 April 2011

Restful Rosie Scrapbook Page

Hello!

I thought you might like to see the inspiration page I made for my Beginners' Scrapbooking Class last night. The star of the page - photographically speaking - is our gorgeous cat, Rosie, and the photo was taken by our wedding photographer on the morning of Alan's and my wedding (nearly two years ago now - how time flies!).


The other star of the page is most definitely the Big Shot. I used the Flowers, Daisies 2 die for the flower embellishment (LOVE this die!). The journalling is done using the Top Note (a Stampin' Up! exclusive die), and I cut it once out of Pear Pizzazz card and then a second time out of Very Vanilla. On the Very Vanilla die-cut, I cut around the perforations to make a slightly smaller layer, which then fitted beautifully onto the Pear Pizzazz layer. A few faint pencil lines, a stamped headline (Just Perfect Alphabet) and - hey presto! - a lovely bit of journalling. Don't you love the way the Decorative Label goes perfectly with the Top Note die? Finally, Rosie's name was die cut using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies that I got last week. I can see these becoming a BIG favourite - the font goes with any style and it's just SO easy to use. Can you believe you get a WHOLE alphabet (upper and lower case), AS WELL AS numbers and punctuation??!! I used all upper case lettering and was delighted to find that they fit beautifully into the new Decorative Label Punch, making scrapbooking titles just so easy to do.

The gorgeous paper is from the Springtime Vintage Designer Paper pack. There is such a variety of patterns in this pack. This one was perfect for this page, because it emphasises the fact that Rosie was snuggled down right in the middle of my packed-to-the-gills flower garden. So even though the photo itself doesn't actually show any blooms, the page ensures that she is surrounded with them.

Last night's class marked the end of an era. It was the last at our current home. Alan and I pick up the keys to our new place tomorrow morning (sooooo excited!!) and then there are no more classes for the rest of April, to give us a chance to move house. I'll be back with a bang, though, on Wednesday 4th May with my Distress and Vintage Techniques Class. Exact venue details will be posted as soon as I have finalised them, but the class will be in the Kesgrave area of Ipswich. Places are just £20 each and include a free Stampin' Up! Distressing Essentials Kit (worth £14.95). Contact me to book, or you can secure your place by clicking on the PayPal link in the sidebar. See you there!

Thanks for dropping in. See you soon!

Hugs,

Becki
xx


3 comments:

Alison xx said...

Lovely page Becki, I must get this alphabet !!! Good luck with the move. A xx

Caroline said...

I love the scrapbook page it's so lovely, wasn't sure about the alphabet for the big shot, but will be ordering it now.
Good Luck with the move, will be thinking of you. Don't overdo it though Becki!!!!
Hugs
Caroline x

Hels said...

hi becki

what a beautiful page - i love rosie!!! Mum had a fab time last night. Plus I'm all paid up for your 'distressing' class SO looking forward to it

love Helen xx