Sunday, 5 June 2011

Back At Last - and our Anniversary Card!

Hello!

Crumbs - it's been a long time since I've posted on here.. House move over and done with, and the M.E. beaten back into submission, hopefully I'll be back a little more often now! We have the best ever craft room now (well, we think it's brilliant!), with lovely sunny views and loads of light, and Alan's been brilliant, putting up shelves and storage racks all over the place so I can reach practically everything from where I sit, and when we went to Ikea a few weeks back he bought me a HUGE new desk. It has adjustable height legs, so I can work standing up when I want to, or sitting down when I'm having an achey-leg day. And the best bit is that Alan has another desk in the same room, so we can both be in there at once, either both crafting or me crafting and him (as now) working away on the computer. Loving it!

It was our anniversary last weekend, and I was able to make Alan's card in our lovely new room. Alan was out for the day, so I didn't have to be too Secret Squirrel, although he did have instructions to give me warning before he came back so I could clear up. This is the card I made:

The colour scheme is Night Of Navy, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso, and the larger lettering is die cut using the Big Shot "Timeless Type Alphabet  Junior Sizzlits" (Stampin' Up! exclusive dies). Once cut, I embossed some of them with the "Vintage Wallpaper" embossing folder (love these Stampin' Up! exclusives!!) and others I stamped with the flourish from "Vintage Vogue". I "aged" all the letters using Early Espresso ink on a sponge dauber, before sticking them to the background using our two-way glue pen. The background is "En Francais", stamped in (and on!) Crumb Cake and then the whole thing is distressed as before. The small letters are the "Just Perfect Alphabet" and then the flowers are punched with the Boho Blossoms punch, aged as before and secured with brads and a mini glue-dot. I use that punch soooooo much!!!

This is the inside. Wording from "Basic Phrases" and the flourish is from "Vintage Vogue".


And the envelope I stamped (the "Just For You" stamp is from "Just Believe"):



I loved making this card, it felt so good to get flexing those crafting muscles again. Alan, I'm pleased to say, was thrilled with it. Phew!

Back soon (I promise!)

Hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

Alison xx said...

Welcome back Becki, and what a comeback. I love your card it is so beautiful and all the extra effort in decorating the envelope too !!!

Marisa said...

Welcome back Becki :o) Love the card!! The extras inside and on the envelope really give it that WOW factor!

Your craft room is gorgeous! I am in the middle of a major reorganisation after seeing it lol

xx

Becki Ritson said...

Thanks for your lovely comments, ladies! Becki xx