Monday, 27 June 2011

Busy, Busy Bee!

Wow - what a fantastic weekend I've had! On Saturday, I had a stall at the monthly Craft Fair in Ipswich Central Library. I was really quite nervous, 'cause I hadn't done a fair on my own before, but the regular ladies down there were so friendly and welcoming, that I soon felt at home. I had a superb day, chatted to loads of lovely people and had lots of interest in my classes and new scrapbooking club, which was all very exciting. Everyone who came in looked very hot and bothered by the high humidity outside and I was glad to be inside an air-conditioned building.

I was so pleased with how my table looked!


Isn't it funny how photos show you things you hadn't seen? Like the orange juice bottle by the table leg that I forgot to move (!), and the fact that my display board looks like it didn't travel particularly well - all the samples are wonky! I had such a fab time - and I've booked a stall for the next Craft Fair, on 30th July, so hopefully I might see you there. If you're in the area, do pop in and say hello, I'd love to see you!

Saturday evening was spent outside - it was less humid by this stage, but still beautifully warm. Alan and I went with two lovely friends and their children to an open-air concert in the grounds of Alan's workplace. After my day in the library I was SO tired that all I wanted to do was sleep, but once I was there I was so glad I'd made the effort. The bands (well, most of them, anyway) were excellent and the company was even better. It was such a shame when we had to go home, but I can't really do late nights any more, and we left the ABBA tribute band in full swing, with me very sleepy but happy.

And then yesterday was Swaps Day! Every time Stampin' Up! demonstrators meet up for training days, we take swaps to share around, little samples of our work. That way we aren't just displaying our own taste or style, and we can have samples using products and stamp sets we don't own ourselves. Well, normally I get my self into a blue panic the day before I'm due to go to training, and my swaps are a really last minute affair. I know I'm not the only one, so my lovely downline Helen and the equally lovely Marisa (who I keep forgetting isn't part of my team, because she and I have known each other pretty much since we signed up with SU! and so have "grown up" together) decided we would meet up to get our swaps prepared well in advance next time. Our next training event is on 10th July, so yesterday was The Day and the girls and I spent a lovely afternoon making our swaps, all the time chatting, giggling and generally putting the world to rights. I can't believe how quickly the time went and it was such a shame when they both had to go home! (Mind you, I think Alan was glad of some time to himself. He's painting what seems like gazillions of war-gaming figures and they're so detailed he really doesn't need me chattering away to him all the time when he's concentrating.)

I can't show you the swaps I made, as I don't want to spoil the surprise for the other girls who will be at training. I do want to show you a smashing card I made a couple of days ago though - but you'll have to wait till tomorrow for that! Oh, I'm such a tease!

Thanks for popping in! Big hugs,

Becki
xx

3 comments:

mrsC.x said...

your stall looks great becki, i cling film my boards to keep samples in place it really does work even the cheapo value stuff.

i am doing my swaps at the moment too for the 10th but i cant decide so will prob end up making four or five different ones! lol

Charlie.xx

Hels said...

your stall looked even better in the flesh Becki, Sunday was fantastic too!
Hels xxx

Marisa said...

Aww thanks Becki!! It was so nice of you to invite me. Had a great afternoon with you both :o)

Hels I was going to say the same thing about Becki's stall. It looked even better in real life.

xx