Monday, 20 June 2011

Dream, Create, Inspire!

Hello!

Alan and I were in a certain craft superstore the other day, when I came across lots of plywood words like this:
 Now, as you know, we've been working on our craft room and there is a little space next to my punch racks that was just crying out for some decoration and I'd been wondering what to put there. These fitted the bill perfectly!

I love my card-making, but sometimes it's just so hard to see all my beautiful papers attached to a card and posted off to far-flung places, never to be seen (by me) again. This is why I love to make things that I can keep on display around our home. It's so much more satisfying than buying ready-made things from the shop, and more often than not it's a fraction of the price too.

So, a few hours and some glue and pretty paper later, here is what I came up with:


Aren't they great!? I thought this expressed so well what being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is all about for me, and now I can have this (as my mantra, if you like) on my craft room wall to look at and inspire me every time I walk in there.

And the papers? The "Dream" paper is from the neutrals Designer Paper Stack, and the other two are both from the gorgeous Springtime Vintage pack. The little files in the Distressing Essentials came in so handy for smoothing off the paper round the edges of the letters and then I sponged River Rock ink all around the edges with a little sponge dauber to take the "newness" away. Really messy and inky to do, and SO satisfying!

Hope you like them! Got to dash - I'm having my hair cut in ten minutes and need to get a move on...

Back soon. Hugs till then.

Becki
xx

1 comment:

Hels said...

Oh Becki I love them!