Tuesday, 14 June 2011

New Baby Card

Hello!

One of Alan's closest friends became a granddad a short while ago, and we wanted to send a card to Chloe and her fiancé to congratulate them on the birth of their gorgeous little boy, Alfie. Here is what I made:


I think these little baby-grows are so sweet! I stamped them and cut them out, before "hanging" them on the tiny little coathangers I'd stamped on the washing line. This card is the first outing for my new Square Lattice Embossing Folder - I love this! I think it looks a bit like the texture of knitting, don't you?

I decorated the inside too.


The little alphabet block stamp was inked up using Stampin' Write Markers, so I could get three different colours on the one stamp. I loved how it came out looking a bit watercolour-y, so much so that I stamped the same image again on the envelope (you can just see it peeping out beneath the card in the first picture).

(By the way, sorry about the lousy photography. The card base is Chocolate Chip and, when I took the photos, it showed up nicely against the black background, honest! The contrast didn't turn out as well when I took the pics off the memory card though, so I hope you can see it okay.)

All the stamps are from the "Little Additions" set in the current Mini-Catalogue, which is fab for baby cards but has loads of images that work really well for other things too. There are twenty-one stamps in total - here is the set in full:

  
(C) Stampin' Up! 2011

If you host a Stampin' Up! workshop before the end of July, you could get this set for free with Stampin' Up!'s fab Hostess Benefits special offer! Contact me to ask for more details and to book your party.

Back tomorrow with some birthday cards to show you - thanks for popping in!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: