Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Christmas In July - Swaps!

I've been a bit quiet for a while, I know. Another busy week and therefore, I'm afraid, another few days resting while my energy levels get themselves back up to normal. Hey ho.... Back up and functioning again now though (be warned!). Anyhow - part of my lovely weekend was spent in Peterborough, at another of our fabby training days. Now one of the things I love about the training days I get to attend as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, is that every time we meet with other demos, we get to swap sample cards and projects with each other. For last Sunday's training, the theme was Christmas (yes, I know, but you need to get started early!). This is what I took along with me:


Told you I love this inlaid embossing technique. Somehow the added texture makes the card look (and almost feel) like fabric. It's so tactile, everyone I swapped with couldn't help but stroke the card. Maybe it's just a crafters' thing, but it's so PRETTY! (Sorry about the flare on the photo, I thought it'd be quicker to take the pic in a different spot from normal, but it didn't work so well. The frame is the same Cherry Cobbler red as the mat behind the bauble, honest!)

Because I'm lucky enough to have a husband who crafts too, Alan always comes along with me to training, and loves all the attention of being the only guy in a room of about forty women. He wanted to take something a little different.... Ah, but that'd be telling! If you pop back soon I'll show you what Alan took as his swaps. They were gorgeous!! Hee hee, now you have to come back... ;-D

Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate it. See you soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: