Saturday, 13 August 2011

Colour All The Way!

Well, I've had a couple of days dealing with my accounts - and anyone who knows me and my relationship with numbers will know EXACTLY how that left me feeling! Still, the worst of it is over... I feel I've earned my creativity time now - and boy! am I going to make the most of it!!

I've been a busy bee already this morning (well, after the lie in that followed the early morning seeing Alan off to work, that is!). I was hunting around for a little piece of Melon Mambo cardstock and for some reason decided to tackle a job I've been meaning to do for ages. I've rearranged my cardstock filing drawer... Yay! I was so chuffed when I first got my filing cabinet (thanks again, Karenna!) that I didn't really think beyond the fact that I no longer had to have dozens of expanding files springing open all over the place, and I just popped my cardstock in according to colour collections. Which was fine, except I could never remember which colour was in which collection, so I spent ages hunting for a particular colour, and I'm sure I neglected certain colours because they were tucked away towards the back of the drawer. So, today, I decided enough was enough, and I reorganised it all like a rainbow. Now, okay, I know I said I was going to have a creative day, and this sounds like a chore, but, honestly, it made me smile getting all those lovely colours out and deciding which went next to which, and now it just looks GORGEOUS! Look!


Hee hee, I'm so pleased with myself, and it's so easy to find things now!

And anyway. The thing that started all that off was hunting for a little piece of Melon Mambo (I didn't have a tiny piece, so I had to turn to the filing cabinet which is where everything goes if it's bigger than A5, and I couldn't find the right sling so....). I found my Melon Mambo card in the end, and this is what I wanted it for:


I've been doing a lot of craft fairs recently, and I wanted to have a new name tag (I got coffee over the old one..). If you know me, you'll know it just HAD to be pink, and you don't get much pinker than Melon Mambo! I'm really pleased with it, and it makes me smile every time I look at it, it's so bright and cheerful. The name is stamped using mostly the "Just Perfect Alphabet" (how did I manage without that?), with the beautiful capital letter coming from the "Jumble Alphabet" set, which I absolutely love to bits, it's so quirky.

By the way - if you want to get your hands on the little flower stamps I used, you'll have to be quick! They're from what has to be my favourite hostess stamp set ever - "Silhouette Sentiments" - and it is certain to retire when our new Ideas Book and Catalogue comes out in October. I know I'm going to miss this set SO MUCH, mine has been used and used and used all through this year, so if you don't have yours I can promise you, you really NEED it. It's not available to buy, you can only get it if you host a Stampin' Up! workshop, so if you want it, you need to be booking your party NOW. If you leave it until after the end of September, you'll be too late, because it'll be gone for good. I have a few spaces left, so get in quick if you don't want to miss out...

Right. I have a load of "Thank You"s to make for a lovely group of ladies who bought things at a workshop a week or so ago, and the order is now ready for me to pop round to the hostess. I'm off to get those done, but I'll be back soon.

Thanks for popping by, and big hugs,

Becki
xx

2 comments:

Hels said...

Busy lady Becki! Well doen for doing the 'boring' stuff

Helen xx

Tina said...

Hi Becki,

Looks like you have been a busy
lady today.

Nice colourful sign.

xx