Saturday, 6 August 2011

Gorgeous Greenhouse Garden!

I love doing workshops! I love meeting up with new people, helping them in many cases to begin their creative adventure and the fact that I learn as much from them as they ever do from me. One real buzz is coming up with simple designs for cards that I can demonstrate, which really show off our gorgeous products to their advantage, and I love that you really don't have to have any background in art or design (heaven knows, I certainly don't!) to make beautiful things when the materials you start off with are so fab.

Here is the card I demonstrated at a workshop I did last weekend. For our Make and Take, we were going to use the new Decorative Label punch and I wanted to show the ladies that, just because the punch is a particular shape, you don't need always to have it look that way on your project. And of course there had to be some stamping and some Big Shot-ing as well, so this was what I did.

Don't you love the colour combo? Straight out of the Colour Coach - I love it! Marina Mist, Perfect Plum and Rose Red. All from the Subtles Collection, but although they're muted, this colourway really manages to pop off the page. The stamp sets are Greenhouse Garden (got to be one of my favourites, I can never get used to the fact that I can create detail like this. Two-step Stampin' really is the BEST!) and Basic Phrases. Square Lattice Embossing Folder, and the Decorative Label and Scallop Trim Border Punches complete the picture. Really simple to do, but I think it really works. The ladies loved it - I hope you do too!

Thanks for dropping in. Back soon. Oh - and if you want to get your hands on my tutorial for those paper daisies I showed yesterday, you'll need to add your name to my mailing list. There is a handy link in the sidebar.

Big hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: