Thursday, 25 August 2011

They'll Soon Be Gone! - Elegant Soiree

Yesterday I promised you another project using papers that will be retiring soon, and something else that will be used every day. Well, here it is:

I have been needing a proper shopping list for the longest time! I bought a pack of these long, narrow pads from Morrisons ages ago (must have been at least two years ago, 'cause I haven't been to Morrisons since I moved away from Peterborough, and that'll be two years this weekend!) and they've been sitting in a drawer ever since, until I found them a couple of days ago when I was looking for something else.

Things like this are so easy to customise! A couple of small pieces of Elegant Soiree paper from my bits box, Early Espresso ribbon wrapped around to cover the join, and a filigree brad with a coloured brad substituted for the usual silver one to cover the join in the ribbon.The spine was covered with a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that I punched along one edge, then I cut lettering out with my beloved Timeless Type Alphabet dies from another scrap. The final touch was a pen loop made from the same taffeta ribbon, so that I've always got a pen handy. Then I stuck on a strip of self-adhesive magnet that I bought from The Works yesterday during my lovely wander-round-the-shops with Marisa - and the photo was taken as my new Shopping List pad was hanging in pride of place on the fridge. (I even moved my favourite sunflowers magnet to the side, which says something. Sunflowers are one of my favourite things, they're so sunny and cheerful).

If you love the Elegant Soiree paper too (and who doesn't, it's been one of my biggest sellers through the year) then you won't want to run out when it disappears from the new Ideas Book and Catalogue. Contact me to place your order, and you'll be able to use these beautiful papers far into the future.

Back again soon - thanks as always for dropping in!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

1 comment:

SarahLP said...

It's beautiful, Becki! I have a stash of notebooks to alter too.. what a great way to use up scraps and create something lovely and useful! :o)