Wednesday, 24 August 2011

They'll Soon Be Gone! - Springtime Vintage

I can't wait for the new Stampin' Up! Ideas Book and Catalogue to be released on 1st October, but I will be so sad to lose our gorgeous Designer Series Paper Packs. Every single one of them has been an absolute triumph this year, and my only consolation is the fact that I know I will love the new papers when I see them, just as much...

I've said before that I love to create things for our home, that show off our lovely papers. Here is a project I've been working on over the last couple of evenings, using the beautiful Springtime Vintage papers. We have a little cupboard in our hall that I bought many years ago from Ikea and, just as many years ago, painted to fit in with the room it was in at the time. Here, you can see it as it was a couple of days ago (excuse the lousy photo!):


 And here it is now, back on the wall where it belongs:



Now I'm not a particularly floral person, but I love these papers, they remind me somehow of cream-teas, and picnics in the countryside and lovely, relaxing, perfect times. Does that sound daft? Probably, but I've long had a nostalgic streak and these papers always make me smile.

Here's a close-up of one of the corners of the centre panel.


I used Rich Razzleberry narrow taffeta ribbon round the outside of the panel, to conceal the cut edges of the paper, and then added a section of one of the Boho Blossoms flowers, with a large pearl on top, to hide the overlapping of the ribbon in the corners. The handle was first painted over with white acrylic paint and then inked up using the Rich Razzleberry Marker (yes, really!) and sealed with Crystal Effects.

So often we think only of using papercrafting products in cards and scrapbooking, yet there are so many other things we can do with them. Why not look around you and choose something you have, which needs an update, and then use those beautiful papers to create something you can be proud of, and which you will look at and use every day. Go on - it'll make your day and you'll smile every time you look at it!

If, like me, you'll miss these papers when they're gone, then contact me to order yours before it's too late. Don't forget, if you place an order worth £75 or more (excluding shipping) before the end of August, you will get a fabulous free gift as well. More details here, if you have no idea what I'm talking about!

Pop back soon, for another project using our gorgeous papers to make something that will be used every day. And thanks for dropping by - do leave a comment to let me know you've been here, then I can hop over to see your blog, too.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: