Sunday, 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

Hello! Merry Christmas to all of you!!!


I wanted to show you this card last of all, because I think this is probably my favourite. The centrepiece of this card was actually one of the tags we made at our Gift Tags class a few weeks ago, and I made the card up to show how you could easily tweak the design to make a card. Stupidly, I didn't take any pictures of the tags and now, of course, they're attached to various presents that have already been distributed. Doh!

There's quite a lot of detail on this card, but it's actually quite quick to put together. All the stamps are from the lovely "Winter Post" set. The Top Note shape is, of course, courtesy of the Big Shot (one of my favourite dies, this one) and I've stamped around it using the snowflake stamp and Versamark ink. The reindeer and Post Card stamps are in Early Espresso, the postmark stamp in Always Artichoke and the date stamp in Cherry Cobbler. The little fllower is really sweet, and great fun to make 'cause it's shaped by spritzing the Boho Blossoms bloom with water, then sitting it in the palm of your hand and "prodding" it with your finger gently, until it curves up around your finger. When it dries, you have a lovely, shaped flower without any creases - almost like shaping papier mache! A leaf made with the wing part of the Bird Builder Punch, and a little pearl in the centre of the flower, and you're done.

I hop you enjoyed my whistle-stop tour through some of this year's Christmas cards. Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, however you're celebrating it. I'll see you again soon.

Hugs,

Becki
xx



No comments: