Saturday, 24 December 2011

This next card is another I did in some of my Christmas card classes. The bauble is from "Delightful Decorations", and the sentiment is from "Contempo Christmas", and this was the first time I discovered that our scalloped oval punch works beautifully layered onto the Decorative Label punch - really pretty!


I never used to be a very "ribbon-y" girl, but I'm finding I'm using a lot more now than I ever used to. I had to laugh at the horrified looks on the faces of the ladies (and gent) at my classes when they realised they were going to have to tie a bow, because I used to react in exactly the same way - I never tied ribbon bows 'cause they always looked DREADFUL! They're still not perfect (as you can tell from the photo - this one isn't my best), but my lovely upline, Bekka, showed me a really simple technique and I was amazed - all of a sudden I could tie bows that actually looked like bows. Stampin' Up! is about sharing, and that's one of the many things I love about it, and if you'd like to get over  your bow-phobia (there's probably a proper word for that) then get in touch and I'd love to show you how.

Back soon with another card for you to look at. Thanks for looking!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: