Friday, 20 January 2012

Punched Bird Card

Hello!

Yesterday I was invited to do a mini-class for an “Over-60s” club that’s run by Pauline, one of the lovely ladies who comes to my classes. This is what we made:


This card was inspired by one that Monica designed for our training day the other week, and I love the simplicity of the style. It’s very effective, yet very easy to put together. Unusually for me, there’s only one stamp used – I had been warned that many of the club members have dexterity challenges and that too much lining up of stamps would be a problem, so I decided to concentrate on the punches, which I had been told they would be fine with. The little punched-out bird sits beautifully on the shape punched out by the new 2” Scallop Circle punch, and I’ve given him just a little knotted piece of Lucky Limeade ribbon to stand on. I took a selection of sentiment stamps with me, so that people can choose the wording they want to use, but the one shown is from the little “It's Your Day” set. 

Because both elements of the bird are punched out at once, some people punched him out in Pool Party, and some in Calypso Coral, then they “mix and matched” wings and bodies. This meant that not everyone’s card was exactly the same, as some had the bird in the opposite colourway. Here’s the alternative version of the card they made – just ringing the changes a little.


I’m happy to say that everyone had a lovely time and I was made to feel very welcome, so a huge thank you to Pauline and the lovely members of the St Peter’s 60 Plus Club in Claydon. I think you can all be very proud of yourselves – your cards turned out beautifully!
 
If you run a club or group, and you think the members would be interested in doing some crafting with me, then just email me or give me a call and I’d be delighted to discuss putting a package together for you. Or, if you’d be interested in hosting a home party and earning free Stampin’ Up! products for you or your group, click here for more information and then get in touch and we’ll book a date.

Thanks for visiting. Back tomorrow with more.

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: