Thursday, 5 January 2012

"Simply Adorned" Necklace

Hello again! Here at last is the necklace I promised to show you yesterday. Blogger decided that it wasn't going to play when I scheduled this post, so sorry it's a day late.


I've managed to catch a little bit of reflection, but you can see how beautifully bevelledthe glass is, and how nicely it showcases the piece of Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper I've popped inside. There is very little added to the DSP, as it's pretty enough in its own right, but I have stamped and sponged around the edge a touch and sneaked in a little pearl embellishment just because I love them. The space inside the locket is deep enough to be able to take small, three-dimensional inserts, and I'm having fun thinking of all sorts of things I can put in. Imagine adding a lock of your baby's hair, for example - endless possibilities.

I am constantly impressed by the quality of everything Stampin' Up! and these Simply Adorned necklaces and pendants are no exception. They are heavier than you might imagine - not weigh-you-down heavy, but they aren't going to blow back across your shoulder in the wind. And, although technically they're "costume" because they don't contain precious metals, you can tell the moment you see them and touch them that this is "proper" jewellery.

This one is the largest of the charms we offer, but they all work in the same way. There is a little hinge at the bottom and a clasp at the top, so you can open them up and put whatever you want inside. And because both faces are glazed (and it is glass, not acrylic or plastic or anything else that is going to scratch easily), you can have something different visible from the other side. Here is the back of my necklace:


More Paisley Petals DSP, this time overstamped with a couple of stamps from the new "Charming" set, available in the new Mini-Catalogue. I love being able to create jewellery that is really personal and says something about ME, rather than just being whatever happens to be in the shops that season.

Did you see the boxes in the background of the photos? They're the jewellery boxes that the necklace and pendant came in, and inside they're all padded out to protect the pieces whilst in transit. Here's a better photo of the boxes themselves.


If you wanted to, you could decorate the boxes too, to make a really special jewellery gift for someone. My necklace isn't being given to anyone, thank you very much - it's all MINE! I have plans to make another little box to store the range of pendant inserts I'm going to make. Hey presto - a necklace to match every outfit!

If you want to order your own Simply Adorned jewellery then do get in touch. You can email me or call me, whichever is easiest for you. Or why not book your own Stampin' Up! party? I can come along and show you the range and how easy it is to create your very own unique jewellery.

Back soon. I'm off to prepare my swaps for our team training on Sunday. Lots more crafting to come - pop back soon and I'll show you more of what I've been up to.

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

1 comment:

Hels said...

Becki - how gorgeous, I'm hoping i be able to get one for Mothers Day!!

Looking forward to Sunday xxx