Saturday, 14 January 2012

Tools of My Trade: Cardstock Sampler


Hello! For me, one of the many great things about the Stampin’ Up! Convention was the opportunity to hear from so many successful Demonstrators and to learn about things that they have found have helped them in their Stampin’ Up! businesses. In one of the sessions, Hayley Gillie showed us the co-ordination sampler that she carries with her to workshops, and I resolved then and there to make one for myself. Although our Idea Book and Catalogue is superbly produced, there really is no substitute for being able to see and feel the products in “real life”.


This is my version of what Hayley shared with us at Convention. So far, it’s a work in progress, as I’m only part way through adding the ribbons, buttons, brads and the like, but I didn't want to wait until I had absolutely every element before I made a start. The idea is to have, all in one place, a really effective demonstration of how beautifully all Stampin’ Up!’s cardstock and accessories co-ordinate. Each card has attached to it, a piece of matching ribbon, a matching button and / or brad and an image stamped in the matching ink, punched out using a co-ordinating punch. It demonstrates beautifully something that really has to be seen to be appreciated. Here are some more pics..





I LOVE those flower brads, but I only have them in the Brights Collection so far. Hmm... I feel another order coming on!

(By the way, Hayley and I travelled back from EuroDisney in the same TGV carriage. I got in a real muddle with my luggage and she was so kind in helping me get my ridiculous number of bags off the train – I thanked her at the time of course, but I thought I’d share her lovely gesture with you all. The best thing about Stampin’ Up! is the people…)

I hope you’ve enjoyed looking at my little sampler; and I’m really looking forward to using it at my forthcoming workshops and parties. If you want to see for yourself how well all the Stampin’ Up! products work together, why not book a party? You could even earn free crafting goodies! Click here for more information, then give me a call or drop me an email and we’ll book a date.

Thanks for looking. I’ll be back tomorrow to share with you the projects we’ve been making at this month’s “Cards & More” classes. Have a fabby Saturday!
Hugs,
Becki
xx

6 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Becki,

What a lovely idea, it looks fantastic.

xx

Becki Ritson said...

Thanks Tina! I have it sittng next to me on my craft desk and keep stopping what I'm doing to flip through it. How sad am I?!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

Alison xx said...

This is fab, hope you don't mind if I copy ?? A xx

MrsC.x said...

this is such a lovely way to do it i had been over thinking this so many times it is lovely. hope you dnt mind if i use your idea?

Charlie.xx

(mrscamp)

Jeanne Nielsen said...

May I case as well?! Fab, fab, FAB idea!!!!!

Becki Ritson said...

I'm quite happy for you to use it, I just wish it was my own, original idea. I have had brilliant feedback from customers, so it definitely works.. xx