Sunday, 1 January 2012

A Very Happy New Year!

Hello! And a very Happy New Year to all of you. It's finally here - 2012 has dawned and I hope you are all feeling renewed and refreshed and ready to make your mark on this potential-filled New Year. I certainly am, I always love the challenge of a new year: thinking back over the year just ended, making plans and setting goals for the months ahead. It's like turning over a new page in a journal, all that promise and pent-up excitement waiting to be given expression. 2011 was a great year for me, and I'm keen to find out what 2012 will bring...

There is one thing that I know is in store for us, in the wonderful world of Stampin' Up! And that, in a few days, is a brand new Mini-Catalogue! As I'm a good girl, I'm not going to show you the catalogue itself yet (Stampin' Up! say I'm not allowed to yet - BOOO!), but I can tell you it is full of the most amazing goodies that will help you to shift your crafting up yet another gear. Pop back in a few days and I'll have a link up so you can browse to your heart's content. I know - I'm a tease, but you'll just have to be patient a little while longer!

In the meantime, I have a couple of things to show you. The first isn't a crafty thing at all, but I really enjoyed it and I hope you will too. One of my "stocking filler" presents from Alan was this little tree:

I know, you're wondering what's so great about a pink cardboard tree. But wait! I poured the "magic water" (the makers' description, not mine) into the dish and this is what had developed after a few hours:

Isn't it fab, I love it! When I was a little girl, I used to love growing crystal gardens with my Dad, and this really reminds me of that. I'm not sure what the crystals are, exactly, but they're so pretty! If the packaging can be believed, we'll be enjoying this display for a month or so. Just the thing for these dark January days!

The second thing I wanted to show you is these thank you cards. They're a variation of the ones that I showed you between Christmas and New Year, but don't they look different?


The paper is from the same Paisley Petals pack as before, but you get a completely different "feel" to the cards by using different ribbon and swapping out the stamp set (this sentiment is from "Trendy Trees"). I think that when we make cards, there is often a lot of pressure to come up with entirely new things, and I wanted to show you that it's okay to use designs you've used before, just change an element or two, and you can have something that looks completely new.

Right, I'm off to have a play with some of my lovely new goodies. I'll be back on the fourth, when I can show you the brand new Mini-Catalogue in all its glory. Thank you so much for dropping in, and I'll see you soon!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: