Friday, 9 March 2012

March Class Projects - Quick and Easy Cards

Hello!

I loved preparing for this month's "Cards and More" classes. The theme was "quick and easy cards", and I wanted to go right back to basics with this one. It's so easy for crafters to over-complicate what they make, so I wanted to demonstrate that projects can be just as effective when they are really simple in their design. Here is what we made:


I had several people attend my classes for the first time this month, among them some who had never done any crafting before - everyone is welcome. Everyone made two of each card, and I encouraged them to vary their projects if they wanted to - I see my job as to help people to discover their  creativity rather than following my designs exactly (although if that's what they want to do, then that's fine too!). The simple designs gave the new crafters a huge amount of confidence, and those who were more experienced enjoyed the freedom from the pressure to over-embellish. We had such a good time!

Here's a closer look at each card.




I hope you like them, and that you will be encouraged to strip your card-making right back to basics too. Simple can be good!

Thanks for looking, and I'll be back soon. Don't forget to book your place on our Craft Day; you have less than a week now...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Lovely cards Becki xx