Monday, 30 April 2012

A Closer Look at Friday's Projects.... And Rosie Gets In On The Act

Hello!

Well, today's the last day you can order products from the fabulous Spring Mini-Catalogue; tomorrow sees the launch of the first ever UK Summer Mini-Catalogue and I'm so excited about being able to show it to you! I've had some lovely emails about the two projects I showed you on Friday, so I thought I'd show you them again, but in more detail this time. Here's a close-up of the little place-card (no name on it - you really don't want to be looking at my handwriting!):


And here is is again, sideways on so you can see how it stands up.






I can see I'm going to be using this stamp set and the Framelits dies that co-ordinate with it, soooo often. I'm not allowed to show you the Framelits themselves until tomorrow, but they're very different from our other Big Shot dies. They're wafer-thin and you can see exactly where you're positioning them, so it's easy to stamp and colour the image first, then cut it out with the Big Shot, knowing that the image is going to be exactly where you want it. So clever!

Here's the treat pouch again.


The colouring is all done using a blender pen, picking up ink from the various inkpads I've used. I've used Stazon black ink to stamp the image so the ink doesn't run. I could have used Basic Black and then heat-set it, but you haven't seen the state of my craft desk and I really didn't have room to get my heat-gun out. (Yes, it really is that bad at the moment....).

Right. I'm off to cuddle Rosie again. I've been giving her lots of love this morning to compensate for the fact that she got stuck outside last night because we forgot to open the cat flap after giving her her tablet. She has a very black nose, from headbutting the flap all night trying to get in, and is distinctly MIFFED with us today. I promised her I'd show you a photo of her, so here she is snuggling up with me last night after I got back from Regional Training. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry - Alan took it on my phone in less than ideal lighting. I've cropped as much of me as possible out of the photo because, believe me, you do NOT want to see what I looked like last night!!


Back tomorrow, when I can finally show you the brand new Summer Mini. See you then!

Hugs,

Becki
xx 

No comments: