Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Spice Cake Birthday Card


Hello! Did you know you only have a week left to order from Stampin’ Up!’s gorgeous Spring Mini-Catalogue? I find it hard to believe it’s going to be gone so soon, and I am going to miss SO many things from it. The lovely Spice Cake suite, for example… Here’s the card I made for my Dad’s birthday, using the Spice Cake papers, based on a project I found on Helen Read’s blog (thanks for the idea, Helen):



Zoom in on the picture and you'll be able to see that the patchwork has been made using the Postage Stamp punch, which (sob!) will also be going when the Spring Mini retires. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this makes its way into the new, big Idea Book and Catalogue when it's relelased later in the year, 'cause I've used it LOADS.

I love this card and have made several along the same lines. You can vary the colours to suit either male or female recipients, and I’ll show you another (more girly) card next time. (That’s shorthand for, “I haven’t taken a photo of it yet”, if you hadn’t already guessed!). If you look closely, you’ll see something that isn’t in the current catalogues. The beautifully soft twine in the centre of the button is one of the new treats coming soon in the Summer Mini-Catalogue. This one’s the Pool Party colourway – love it!!

If there’s anything you haven’t yet got from the Spring Mini, then don’t leave it too late. You can call or email your order through to me any time, and I’ll be putting a final order in on the 30th April. Free shipping, just this once, if you’re local and can collect from me, or I can have your order delivered direct to your door anywhere in the country for just £4.95. Go on… you’ll kick yourself if you miss out, you know you will!

Back soon. Thanks for dropping in!

Hugs,

Becki
xx

No comments: