Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Focus On Framelits

Hello! If you’ve spent any time at all looking at our gorgeous Summer Mini-Catalogue, you won’t have been able to miss the incredible new Framelits dies. I’m finding that I reach for them All. The. Time. You know that feeling when you add something to your crafty stash and you just KNOW that it won’t ever be worth putting it away, ‘cause you’ll need it again in two minutes? Well, that’s how I am with the Framelits.


These are a completely different type of die from any that Stampin’ Up! have offered in the past. They are wafer-thin (why do I always want to say that with a French accent?!) and although they are designed to be used with the Big Shot, they also work a treat with any of the other die-cutting systems out there. The thicker dies work by having a steel rule buried inside thick foam, whereas these have a teeny little ridge right round the inside edge of the die, and it’s this little ridge that does the cutting. Because of this, you can also position your die exactly where you want it, so you can cut out stamped images perfectly – I predict lots of co-ordinating stamps sets coming our way (and have you SEEN the gorgeous “Apothecary Art” stamp set???). Look how well the system works…


I have tried other makes of wafer-thin dies and was surprised to find that the colour isn’t the only difference with these ones. Somehow, these feel sturdier, even though they’re just as thin. I don’t know, just a little more… substantial, somehow. The Framelits (and the Edgelits, which work in exactly the same way) are supplied in a great little plastic wallet that you can keep them in, so you don’t need to worry about how you’re going to store them safely. Because I use mine at parties and classes, I have cut a piece of magnetic sheet to store them on, and I just slip this into the wallet with the dies attached. You don’t need to do this, but for me it’s a really easy way of telling if all the dies are there, of if there’s one still floating round in the room somewhere.

Officially, the Framelits are designed to cut through one sheet of cardstock or paper, but I’ve used them to cut through two layers with ease, so you can create fancy card blanks really quickly. And click here to be taken to a couple of projects that were also made by cutting through more than one sheet of cardstock at a time. As always, experiment..

If you want to see more of the Framelits dies, why not contact me to book a Stampin’ Up! party? It’s free, and you get a complimentary Idea Book and Catalogue, a handmade gift from me and the chance to earn items off your Wish List for free! Click here for more details, and drop me an email to get the ball rolling.

No comments: