Friday, 25 May 2012

It Doesn’t Have To Be Complicated!

Hello! Sometimes, the simplest ideas are the best, and this is as true with crafting as it is in any other area of life. Just have a look at this card that we made at Stampin’ Up! Regional Training recently.


The stamp set used is the lovely Mixed Bunch set, from the Summer Mini-Catalogue. I love how fresh it looks in these bright colours, and although the card is full of impact it didn’t take much time to make. All the pattern is hand-stamped (it always amazes me how much it looks like it’s been professionally printed) and what looks like ric-rac ribbon is actually textured cardstock, punched out using the Scallop Border Punch. The sentiment is from the “Creative Elements” stamp set, and the focal point is a couple of punched-out flowers, made using the new Blossom punch and snipped into to add some extra texture. A circle of card for the flower centre, topped off with a button and some of the gorgeous new Baker’s Twine, and that’s it!

Here’s the envelope that I stamped to accompany the card. It sounds daft, but I have to keep stoking it, ‘cause I can never believe how smooth our envelopes are – lovely!


If you like the idea of not only stamping up your envelopes, but making your own as well, I’ll be showing you how you can create your very own bespoke envelopes in a couple of days’ time.

Tomorrow, I’ll be showing you how it’s the final touches that can make all the difference to a project. See you then, and thanks for popping in to see me today…

No comments: