Tuesday, 8 May 2012

May "Cards ...and More!" Projects


Hello! Don’t you love Bank Holiday weekends? Even though we didn’t have a huge amount of sun, it was lovely just to be able to have that extra day pottering round, no deadlines to meet and – best of all – no early morning alarm clock! I did run my “Cards …and More!” class on Saturday, though, and as always loved every minute! Normally, I wait until both classes have been run before showing full pictures of the projects, but the Pennikkity Pots session isn’t until 17th May, so I thought I’d show you them now, rather than making you wait… 

Here’s a group picture of the cards we made:

 
And here they all are, a bit closer up, so you can see the detail.

 
 
 

The stars of this month’s classes are Stampin’ Up!’s Watercolour Wonder crayons (we were using the Brights Collection). These look for all the world like children’s wax crayons, but just look at the detail you can get with them, when you team them up with our Blender Pens! 


The stamp set is “Under The Big Top”. Everyone loved the cheery images, and they are such fun to colour in.  I keep changing my mind about which is my favourite, at the moment I think it’s probably the sealion. Or maybe the clown... Or maybe… Oh I don’t know – they’re all gorgeous! Which one is your favourite? 

There are actually two additional images that you can’t see in these cards, so here’s the set in full:


As well as playing with colouring techniques, this was everyone’s first chance to have a go with the new Framelits dies from the Summer Mini-Catalogue - you can see them in two of the cards. These are so easy to use and, because you can see through them, you can place the die accurately over your stamped image, so  no worrying about whether your image is central or not. (I know my class really appreciated this!)

If you’d like to make these cards, and get to grips with the Watercolour Wonder crayons and the new Framelits dies, then I’ll be running this class again on 17th May at 10:30am in Pennikkity Pots Ceramics café, in the centre of Ipswich. Click here for more details and don’t forget to order one of the specially selected Class Bundles to get a great discount.

Back soon! 



No comments: