Wednesday, 16 May 2012

More Simple Designer Series Paper Cards

Hello! This isn't the post I'd intended to put up today, but I've had a rotten headache all day so my plans went out of the window a little, so do forgive me!

I had some lovely comments about the card I posted yesterday (thank you for your lovely emails!) so I thought I'd show you some more, made along the same lines. It's amazing how much difference it can make if you just swap out the Designer Paper you use. Yesterday's card used one of the "Beyond The Garden" papers; even using different papers from the same pack can change the look of the card. Have a look at these:

 
 

 And, if you use a different pack of Designer Series Papers altogether, then you get a totally different "feel" to the card. Here are a couple using the new "Attic Boutique" papers (they're a slightly different layout, but basically the same):



Making these cards really doesn't take much DSP, but it's a really good way of showcasing the beautiful designs; these were made with the pieces left over from the strips of card I cut to make my swatch samplers for these two packs. I've said before, I think, that I really struggle with cutting up my pretty paper to start with - it's just tooooo gorgeous!!! Once I've got my samplers cut, I can cope with using the paper for other things, 'cause it's not all brand new and untouched any more. Is it just me?

Thanks for looking. I'll be back soon, hopefully with the post that I'd intended to put up today, giving you details of June's "Cards ...and More!" classes. See you then, and thanks for visiting!
 

No comments: